Ruger re-introduces the Marlin lever actions...

I would have thought the first would have been one in 38/357 - as popular as they are and priced accordingly, I would bet they would sell out quickly.
I have a theory on why Ruger didn't do that and I figure it's because since these will be their first lever actions there's bound to be QC issues. The hardcore gun owners who want a lever action .45-70 or .30-30 (at a time ammo in some caliber is unavailable or almost $2 a round) that they can be beta testers and call up Ruger CS when they have issues. Ruger will see where their issues in production are and correct them, then they'll work on getting the .357 and .44 Mag rifles to market.

That is going to be a lot more competitive of a market tho as Rossi is hard to beat in price and Henry is hard to beat in quality and experience for a fair price.

I think all ruger needs to do is get more of them on the market than Henry. Just personal experience but I've never had much luck finding many henry rifles let alone the ones I was looking for. If ruger can flood the market with theirs, I think that's all they need to do to gain an edge over henry. Assuming a base level quality of course.

I think all ruger needs to do is get more of them on the market than Henry. Just personal experience but I've never had much luck finding many henry rifles let alone the ones I was looking for. If ruger can flood the market with theirs, I think that's all they need to do to gain an edge over henry. Assuming a base level quality of course.
So true, Henry has a few newer products I’d love to get my hands on. Good luck finding them though, especially at a reasonable price. At least I have my .357mag and .41mag BBS’s to assuage my Henry itch. But I’m a patient man.

It took me almost a year to find the side-gate Henry .45-70 I had been after. Very happy with it.

But, yes, I am optimistic about the RMXXXX Marlins. I have three friends who got writer's samples and they were all very pleased with the execution. I will patiently wait and see if they offer something I am interested in (neither of the first two trip my want meter) caliber wise down the road.

I will patiently wait and see if they offer something I am interested in (neither of the first two trip my want meter) caliber wise down the road.
444 Marlin would do it for me--the perfect lever cartridge IMO, wouldn't mind a red hawk while they were at it.:D

Yea, but, based on what they've shared on their Facebook page, Ruger seems to be following Remington, in planning to chamber .444 Marlin in the 1895 -- including the butt-ugly .45-70 rim cuts in the loading and ejection ports.
That is an absolute insult to the cartridge, the history of the Model 444, and the former flagship rifle.

.45-70 rim cuts are blasphemous.

Back