Ruger Old Army

It's my most accurate load, at around the 25/50 yard range. I also use spent 38 Special shell casings, in order to pour the powder and Cream of Wheat into the cylinder's; along with the use of a lobster fork that makes it easier to pry out stuck caps.

I've got a possible chance to get a ROA in highly polished stainless, FIXED SIGHTED VERSION, for about $500.00

I thought that was a good deal. What do you fellas think?

Also there is no writing on the sides of the barrel. It is all on the top. I recall that someone in some thread here knew that indicated a certain year/years production run. Can anyone remember what time period the SS ones with the writing on the top of the barrel were made?

But this one only has the warnings on TOP of the barrel rather than on the sides of the barrel. What era were the ones that had it on top of the barrel made?

All the ones I've seen have writing on top of the barrel whether before the warning or after, including the bicentennial guns.

This is the top of the barrel on my 1976 SS 7 1/2" ROA:

and this is the left side of the barrel on the same gun:

This is the top of the barrel on my 1998 SS 7 1/2" ROA (there is nothing on the sides of the barrel):

AMAZIN what folks would trade at 4am in the 70's

I'm 56. Pardon me I am laughing HYSTERICALLY. I am a child of the 60,,,if you are offended by this, welllllll,,,,we all was young once.

I had no idea what the heck I had just been offfered. But man was it one HUGE Pistol in a beautiful Hunter holster. It came with a bag of cool stuff. The price was dirt cheap. I was 20y/o It was 4am and Saturday Nite live had long since been over. I traded 1/4gram of ENTERTAINMENT POWDER or $20 for mine.

Oh about 45 minutes later a .50 LYMAN Plains rifle & similar possibilities bag was mine for the same price. I would not take $5k for either.

Point is my youthful indescretions have provided a lifetime of having a BLAST!

Thanks fer having me. Yes I have grown up ,,,,A LITTLE

white powder

white powder is what american pioneer powder is called.It does not foul like BP or other subsitutes and is very easy to clean.Mfr suggests just wrinse with warm water,I love it.

Back