Ruger manufacturing?

I'm not sure I would agree with "suggesting what pistols/revolvers one should choose for SD.

I recommend my students don't buy any gun until they try several (which our club provides) and find what fits them.

In my women only classes, the vast majority are choosing the Ruger LCP 380s, followed closely by the J-frame 38s.

I'm not a Ruger pistol fan, but its strictly my opinion based on my being a revolver fan, I like S&W revolvers.

Again, that's my opinion. I do have a couple Ruger pistols, they are well made, reliable and accurate.

I have several Ruger rifles, again, well made, reliable and accurate, but I'm a Winchester fan, have been forever.

What I do like about Ruger, is they make excellent guns at reasonable prices. The LCP and LC9s being good examples, as well as their 22 autos. I'm quite fond of the 22/45 pistols.

I have (or wife does) a Ruger Precision Rifle. I was inpressed with the 6.5 CM it shoots so I bought a Ruger American Predator in 6.5, That "cheap" rifle is extremely accurate and holds its own with the RPR that cost about 3 times as much.

I'm not sure I buy that Ruger isn't made in America. But I tend to believe that the Ruger American name would fit more with the idea Ruger makes rifles for Americans, moderately priced rifles so every American can afford a well made, reliable, accurate firearm.

They just aren't Winchesters.

Back