Ruger M77 vs Savage Axis XP vs ??

Good score. I have several made in the USA Redfield scopes and they are very good. I like the Venture rifle too. What store? I have been telling myself I need a 7mm-08.

Dunham. I was able to use a couple coupons to bring it down. The venture started at $349 on the tag and the scope $169 on a store mark down. 20% off on the scope (coupon) and $10 off over $50 (coupon). The individual helping me mounted and boesighted the scope as well. Pretty pleased with the level of help I got

I stumbled into a clearance at a big box store. Picked up a TC Venture and a Redfield scope for under $500 after coupons Both products feature made in America statements and lifetime warranties

Curious if the Redfield is still marked as Made in USA.

They were before, then Redfield got the Evolution line (made Philippines or?) which is now discounted but can't find if the Revolution itself is still made in the USA?

I know some of the other optics are not.

I was down to three scopes in a similiarish price point. SIG SAUER Whiskey 3 marked a bit higher and made in the Philippines. The eye box was a bit fussy on it. VORTEX Copperhead or Crossfire 2 (not sure on the differences) made in China or the REDFIELD marked made in the US. The Redfield and Vortex were very similar in appearance and handling so I went with the US one.

Curious if the Redfield is still marked as Made in USA.

They were before, then Redfield got the Evolution line (made Philippines or?) which is now discounted but can't find if the Revolution itself is still made in the USA?

I know some of the other optics are not.
Clarification on the Redfield scopes. The Revolution models are assembled in USA, and IMO, are decent scopes for the $. I have 4 of them in 2-7x and 4-12x power models. The Revenge series are imported from the Philippines, and I believe may have been discontinued, but are still available at very attractive prices and are still backed by Leupold/Redfield.

I bought two Ruger American rifles for my boys. Both rifles shoot 1/4 in. groups at 100 yds. with reloads and 3/4 groups with factory loads. Really good hunting rifles for the price.

Back