Ruger M77 Mark II accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it alive! Ruger accuracy take 3,4,however many rebirths it has had. Mine is a 1.5” shooter roughly at 100 yds, but I cannot help, but think I can make it do better with technique and reloads!

I've got a 77R in .243 bought new in '79 or '80, I can't recall which year, but I guess it did okay with Federal ammo at 200 giving me about 1 1/4"-1 1 1/2". I do remember it printed all over the place with Remington and Winchester ammo. I found it satisfactory for 220.00 it cost and would pay it again.:)

I have a Mark II .270, bought in 1994. Not a tack driver but I bought it to hunt with. It will shoot everything I've ever tried in it, handloads and a couple factory loads, into 1-1/2 to 2 in at 100 yards in roughly the same place on the target. I did have a trigger job done on it when I bought it, it felt like a 27 lb trigger pull when I tried to shoot it in. (it was actually 7 lb.) A heck of a deer gun and it's purty.

Mine will shoot 1" groups with several handloads. Stainless 223. But I did float it, glass bed it and do a real trigger job. Sporter barrel. 22"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back