Ruger LCP Build Thread/MOD Review - Quest from hate to acceptable

I've had a P3AT, an LCP, a Pico, and an LCPII.

The LCPII has the best trigger and the second-best sights (after the Pico), so it's the one I carry.

I had a Pico, and the front sight came off just before round #70. I had a tarp on the ground to catch the brass, and the sight land on that instead of hiding in the grass.

I liked the Pico a lot, but couldn't handle the short trigger reach. Felt like shooting a Zippo.

I like the size of the LCP, but that's about it. I have a Glock 42 and it's the best shooting 380 I've ever had, it's so easy to shoot and small. Not LCP small but definitely pocket friendly with better contols, trigger and sights, just put on some Ameriglo Bold night sights. Great gun. Not knocking the LCP though, I've had the LCP, LCP Custom, LCP II and Kahr CW380 but the G42 is where it's at.

I guess to define it better, the LCP sized guns are good for their size but not so much for shooting while the G42 is actually shootable, worlds less recoil than an LCP, it shoots like a much bigger gun but, but it's small. Thinking about a light/laser combo for it too.

Last edited:
I did the P3AT for a few years, but I switched to the P32 a couple months ago. The P32 has last round hold open, and holds an extra round. I find it to be much more shootable. I did add Tractiongrips stick on rubber grip, and find it adds a good grip, without adding to the thickness, or making it sticky in the pocket.

I added the Hogue grip which makes if feel so much more secure in my hand.
Otherwise, I've done nothing to change my LCP.

I don't need improved sights because when practicing with it I never use the sights.
It's not that type of pistol.
It's a close range point shooting type of pistol.

Back