Ruger Customer Service

I have yet to have a problem with any of my Rugers so I have had no experience with the quality of their customer service, but it is good to hear all of these glowing reports and know that if I ever do need help, it will be there.

BTW, I have had very similar experiences with Glock and their customer service.
I wish I could say the same for other not firearm related products.

I bought my first AR, An AR556,took it to the range and found I couldn't adjust the front sight,contracted Ruger CS and the rep had my rifle picked up at my door and delivered back to my door in eight days ! No charge for shipping or the replacement of the front sight gas block assy. I don't think I'll ever find any CS to equal Ruger !

Ruger customer service is absolutely out of this world.

I had an LC9S which started having failures to feed. It ended up going back to Ruger three times. The last time the only miss feeds were with my rather expensive defensive ammo. Ruger went so far as to buy over a hundred rounds of this ammunition apologizing repeatedly for it taking so long, with three phone calls from the armorer who was working the pistol, only to not be able to duplicate the failure.

Ruger did not complain, and in fact the armorer called and was apologetic that he was not able to recreate the failure to feed.

Then, just a couple of days ago while dry firing that same LC9S I noticed an odd catch when cycling the slide. Examination of the recoil assembly identified a cracked outer spring.

I looked online for a spare assembly but none were available. I then contacted Ruger customer service to request purchase of one. As the original submitter stated the customer service rep without hesitation verified my name and address and stated that one would be sent to me immediately. I offered to pay and I was told not necessary, we want to make sure our customers are taken care of.

If there hasn't been, there should be dissertation after dissertation on Ruger customer service. There are many many businesses that could save themselves from failure by learning to treat their customers as Ruger does.

Well, they do get a lot of practice.

Not that I don't like Ruger, I own many of their rifles and handguns. But I've had way more issues that they had to address than from all other manufacturers combined. Way more.

I had to return one pistol to S&W over 20 years ago. It took a couple of tries, but they replaced the gun with a new one. I've lost count of how many times I've had to contact Ruger CS. But to their credit, they do make it right.

It seems like their approach is build them and get them out the door ASAP and let the customer do the final inspection and product testing. Who knows, it may well be cheaper in the long run for them to do it this way.

Bought a pawn shop Ruger SR1911. Jamm-o-matic. Sent it back. They sent me a new SR1911 because the frame was out of spec.

Bought a Super Redhawk 454 Casull at a gun show. Light primer strikes. Sent it back. Previous owner installed a trigger kit. They swapped the parts with OEM Ruger stuff. 100% fires every time. Sent trigger springs back in a bag with the revolver.

Ruger is not my first choice in a gun company for differing reasons but their customer service is great. Most of their stuff is boringly reliable. And so is their CS.

Totally forgot, but my friend had a SR 9 that would drop the magazine constantly. He called, and if I remember, was told he had to press the mag release button in when inserted a mag and that would fix the problem.

He did as instructed, but that didn't fix it. Second call and Ruger returned the gun and up graded parts. It did come back with instructions that he had to press the mag release button before inserting the mag.

The gun did come back with two extra magazines.

Must have been a known design flaw with the early SR9s. Either way, they took care of him too.

One thing that sets them apart is that they guarantee the gun forever, whether or not you're the original owner. Imo, their CS is their biggest asset.
Ruger doesn't have any written warranty. They said it was because of the differing laws in different states. They don't have a written warranty but they simply fix them. Their lack of a warranty is better than a written warranty.

So what it really is, is an unwritten 'lifetime' warranty that follows the gun, not the owner. ;)

Back