Ruger buys Marlin

I hope Ruger adopts Microgroove rifling for their .22LR rifle barrels. A stock 10/22 that shoots as good as a Marlin would be nice.

I have a 25N and a 795 that often one-hole with target ammo. I would love it if Ruger made a classic-looking, affordable, wood stocked .22LR bolt-action that was as accurate.

I don't want to have to turn to the Czech Republic for a nice, accurate, affordable, American-style .22LR.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I hope Ruger adopts Microgroove rifling for their .22LR rifle barrels.
I don't think that's going to happen. I think Ruger will kill the 60 and 795.
A stock 10/22 that shoots as good as a Marlin would be nice
Rugers already shoot well. The newer 10/22s shoot about 1" at 50 yds with the cheap stuff. Whether they shoot better or not isn't the point, the 10/22 is Ruger's flagship 22 rifle, it shoots well.

I don't think that's going to happen. I think Ruger will kill the 60 and 795.

Rugers already shoot well. The newer 10/22s shoot about 1" at 50 yds with the cheap stuff. Whether they shoot better or not isn't the point, the 10/22 is Ruger's flagship 22 rifle, it shoots well.
I like shooting the center out of 12-gauge shells at 50 yards, head-shots on squirrels at 80 yards, and hitting clay pigeons pretty regular at 150-200 yards. My Marlins shoot way better with match ammo and shoot any lead round nose ammo better than anything copper washed. I got pretty lucky with my old Marlins but they have a deserved reputation for out-shooting stock/standard 10/22s.

From what I've seen Ruger's very appealing American Rimfire rifles are really hit and miss with accuracy, too. If I can't shoot 1/2" or less with a .22LR at 50 yards, I don't want it.

If they switched to Marlins microgroove barrels it would be a good upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Marlin was owned by Remington, correct?

Doesn't Remington also own H&R?

I'd like to see Ruger buy H&R as well and bring that brand back to life.

For whatever reason, it appears Ruger did not end up with H&R. I too would have liked to have seen H&R saved from the scrap heap.

I have Marlins as old as 1947 and several Rugers, nothing really new. I am fans of both but as unimportant as this may seem with todays technology I hope forged receivers and Micro-Grove rifling are still Marlin hallmarks.
I feel terrible that 2 parts of our American history (Marlin, Remington) have been added to the list of bought out or closed American companies.
Still miss Pontiac!
And wish the best for Remington.

Back