Ruger American Aftermarket stocks

When I bought my Mossberg Patriot 243 it came with a plastic stock. But Mossberg also sell's it in a wood stock so I got it anyway and soon as I got home ordered a wood stock for it. I simply cannot take a plastic stock, it's un-American!

Most U.S. military rifles have had synthetic stocks for the last 50 years! Most of my rifles and shotguns have American-made synthetic stocks. Beautiful wood stocks are certainly more attractive, but synthetic stocks are definitely not "un-American."

I bought a Ruger American Rifle in .300 Blackout about a month ago. I have put 50 rounds through it almost every day since then. When I got it, the stock was touching on the left side right at the end of the stock. I sanded it down with sandpaper wrapped around a deep well socket. Since then, I don't really have much bad to say about it.

At first, I started down the road of buying all kinds of aftermarket stuff to tart the rifle up including a stock. But then I re-thought the whole thing and decided it was perfect just the way it is. I didn't buy this particular rifle as a super accurate bench gun or a target gun. Nor do I really care what it looks like. Don't get me wrong, I want all the accuracy I can get but in this case I see this more as a bumming around the woods or desert gun. A gun I would carry all the time in a case on the back floor of my pickup. I own a few Boyd's stocks and they are far heavier and bulkier than what I want for this rifle.

FWIW: I shot a few sub MOA hundred yard groups this morning with this rifle. It took me awhile to find an accurate load, but I think I am on the right track.

444, Kind of an ancient thread but here goes: I too have a 300 Blackout that has taken many Texas hogs at 100 yards, the 125 gr bullets just knock them on their butt and the rifle is a perfect size for a 4x6 blind. The part of Texas where I shoot them is heavily wooded and shots over 100 yds are rare. I scoped mine and put a ammo carrier on the butt, other than that I just shoot and enjoy the American as it is.

magpul has a new polymer stock called hunter american stock for the ruger amercian predator coming soon for around $299.00 i have a RAP and that is the one i am going to get.

That's as much as the rifle itself. Never understood why they make them so expensive? I was lucky with the barrel bedding on my 7mm-08 and it seems to be a tac driver without having to do any sanding. All I did was add foam to the butt-stock to stiffen it up.

Back