Ruger 77/357 project (with a few pictures)

A tube fed bolt gun in .357 would make a very versatile weapons. 12 rounds capacity in.38, hits like a sledgehammer, great availability/diversity of ammo, and inherently decent accuracy.

Decades ago the m1 carbine was a very desirable shooter. The .351 Winchester. The 30 commie. Your rifle will be in that same category. A .357 rifle is realistically pretty close to a30-30. Not equal, but pretty close. At short to moderate range the killing power should be very, very close.

I threaded my 77/44 and run a low power optic on it with 44Mag semi-wadcutters loaded down to 1000fps with Trailboss. With a Ti-Rant 45 suppressor it sounds like a bow. It's max useful range is 100yds where it groups around 2". So far it has claimed countless groundhogs and just this week it took three deer in our back yard on a damage permit. Perfect hunting companion in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 57
Located in Ohio. It is accurate enough to take deer in the head (no tracking or running into traffic), and quiet enough that the neighbors don't know you are saving their gardens.

Back