Ruger 10/22's

Truth&,

Jim Clark, Sr. is one of America's premier gunsmiths, and he has won the awards and honors to prove it. He and his family run a small custom shop in Princeton, LA. His son Jim, Jr. is a several time 3-gun champion, his daughter Kay Clark-Miculek is a several time Woman's IPSC champion and his son-in-law is the world famous speed shooter Jerry Miculek. Those three also place very well every year in the STC National team match.

The four of them head up the Clark custom team. The shop really specializes in 1911s (from Jim Sr) and Smith Revolvers (from Jerry Miculek), but they also build very nice guns and parts for the competition disciplines that they excell at. This includes Shotguns (1100 for 3 gun matches, etc..), ARs and 10/22s.

The Clark 10/22s (complete and parts) should not be underestimated.

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited July 11, 1999).]

I just got a normal 10/22 I think I got a good deal on it. Is there anything that I need to so to it? I'm a college student so I'm on a limited budget.

Go shoot it chink! See if it does what you want. Then decide what you would like next. I was told to get a trigger job but I think the trigger of my 10/22T is fine and it seems to get better the more I shoot. I do want a Fajen stock. I do, I do, I do...

Make sure you try it with several brands of ammo. .22's can be picky about accuracy and reliability. Luckily mine likes Winchester Super-X. It loves Federal Gold but that costs five times more...

Rob,

Thanks tons for the information. I am biting at the bit to have my 10/22 complete. Unfortunately, the gunsmith is very, very busy (and a friend) so I'm giving him some breathing room, but with the information you provided, I am all the more looking forward to using the Clark barrel.

Thanks

HarryB

I don't have it yet. for some stupid reason the fools in Sac. want me to wait 10 days before I can have it. Something about cooling off period or background check or something, but they don't realize that if I wanted to do something stupid i would have done it already with my AR or my 1911, and not purchased a new gun to do it with.

I was just wondering if there were any must do mods, but I guess there aren't thanks

Does anybody have a folding stock on a Ruger 10/22? I am thinking about purchasing a folding stock but I wanted to see if an of you had one. Do you like it? Why or why not?

Don't have a folder but I do have a better looking stock. It's a 2/3 replica of a German MG42 w/ bipod (dropin plastic stock for the 10/22, as I recall made by a company called Blaser). Pretty kickass looking, real conversation piece. Can't help but feel like Audie Murphy charging up a hill while at the range and a hi-cap BC mag attached. Sights (rear adjustable for elev) suck though (a bit flimsy). But, I've got other 10/22s for serious shooting.

- Ron V.

------------------

Back