Ruger #1 stock too long for wife

INCREDIBLE!

One TX outfit I contacted wouldn’t even give me a quote until after I had sent them the gun.

The other TX outfit gave me a quote of $880 for cutting the stock to size, putting on a butt pad, and then applying a few layers of oil. No attempt would be made to match the fore end.
Get out!!

That's outrageously over charging. They just don't want to do it. I used to charge no more than $100.

Too bad. I don't have my shop anymore, and you are too far away.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I can't get my low scope safety to work with the Timney trigger. The release surface on the Timney sear does not match the cocking piece on my FN sport Mauser. I've a ticket in with Timney technical to resolve. And ya new wood for 800 bucks for heavens sake, that's highway robbery.

Your call and not so bad !!???

Stock shortening is not as easy as one would think.
I am mechanically inclined with limited training and resources and if I can do it, I think that it's not all that difficult; just a bit, time consuming. I say again; Would you like me to mail you the video that I followed? I have cut off finished stocks. Now, as car as the checkering, it's not out of line and "one" simple checkering tool, from Brownell, will take care of that. The pattern is already there for you. I'm sure that there is a local Smith that can do it for you.

Be Safe !!!

Back