RRA Poly 1911

Just to set the record straight.

Mr.Browning was a master gunsmith.

Herr Gaston is a polymer chemist and curtain rod manufacturer.
Oh Browning designed far more in his time than Gaston ever dreamed. That doesn't mean Glock hasn't had a significant impact on the history of firearms.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I live just a few miles (less then 10) from where Mr. John M. Browning lived. There is no way I could own such a gun.
The advanced thinking, innovative JMB would probably be disgusted that you don't own one of the most advanced versions of his creation.

Mr.Browning was a master gunsmith.
A forward thinking master gunsmith, and inventor of designs advanced for the times. Just like Gaston Glock.
Both bringing advancements to the firearms industry.

Now, to the point of the OP. Don't have one, havent handled one, but the concept seems quite interesting.

Those of you who have personal comments for other participants in this discussion, please take it to PM.

If your post disappeared, this might apply to you.

Diving in to concur: the description attributed to a RIA poly gun fits the distinguishing characteristics of the EAA polymer 1911 offering and I have never seen one badged as an Armscor offering.

I'll also toss the American Tactical FXH 45 up for consideration. It is no longer badged as a 1911 but it is clearly based on JMB's 1911. I have one inbound and I chose it as the polymer example that joins my collection. Front strap is molded finger groove which I expect to be more effective than RRAs plastic checkering and EAAs smooth plastic. Grips are regular 1911 and swappable.

Hank Strange look from 2016:
https://youtu.be/7aRgZfcH-Sc

There are several more presentations on YouTube, but mine will land this week and I can return to show what less than $400 bought for my collection. The stainless/poly combo will join me fishing this season off the Gulf Coast.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

KyJim, you posted a link to the Rock River polymer 1911. I know that exists -- I posted a link to a review of it. The one whose existence is in doubt is Rock Island.
Getting confused, I guess. Since the thread started with questions about the RRA, I just blanked at the RIA. And that's after I read the review you linked to. :o

Rock River Arms was in the 1911 business, then they were out of the 1911 business. Now they are back in the 1911 business including their poly version. For a year or more, they ran magazine ads for the poly 1911, yet they were unavailable. Finally about three years ago, they had one on display at the SHOT Show. Having looked forward to it for so long, I was underwhelmed to say the least. It was not that much lighter, if any, than an alloy 1911, so what's the point? Plus, it had a peculiar-looking screw in the frame, that looked like it came from a hardware store. I left dejected :(

Back