Royal Robbins 5.11 Tactical Pants

How about a gusseted crotch? I didn't see that listed as one of their attributes but think it is critical to functioning as an active adult. I'm constantly climbing and squatting, and one of the first things to go is the crotch seam. Had that happen twice while assisting a customer in their vault :eek: ...now I make sure my undies are the same color as my uniform pants!!!!

I also thought of a name for these Uberpants. PM if your keen to know.:D

Another idea...

I want the mag / flashlight pocket on the LEFT side...several thoughts:

1. I have my Keltec P32 in my right pocket, and that makes it REALLY tight on the light and the gun...

2. The light has worn the pants out where the light's head flares out...because the gun is making it too tight.

3. If you are holding your weapon with your right hand, then you would have to retrieve the spare mag with your left hand, or swap gun hands, all BAD...

maybe, have two mag/light pouches, for both left and right handed people, or someone like me, who wants to have a dual 123 light in one, and maybe an extra keltec mag in the other...

and why not, two pockets and black = more tactical :)

Another thought on the mag pocket:

Make them like the regular bdu side pockets (near the knees) that open up towards the middle...

that way, the fabric would not be destroyed by large objects such as my scorpion over the keltec..

Thanks and.......Season's Greetings

Guys, here's a quick summary of all the feedback I've received collectively from all the forums.....

1. A belt loop over both side seams or aft of it (for a belt holster).
2. Remove the carabiner strap.
3. Back pockets drop to deep, problem with wallet. Keep current pockets but place additional inner pockets on both sides for wallet.
4. Remove D-Ring to the insides of side cargo pockets (for keys). Possibly change D-Ring into small swivel snap so that it can actually hold a key ring.
5. Move utility pocket from right thigh to left. If this is to be used for cellphone, make it a tad wider for better access.
6. Make sure loops will fit 1.75" belts.
7. Consider Supplex Nylon instead of cotton especially in adverse weather conditions.
8. Would be nice if one could slip in a 1/4" thick closed cell foam in between the reinforced knee layers (padding for certain occasions).
9. Retail below $30
10. Colors other than black and tan.
11. Keep left rear pocket the way it is to dump mags during tac reloads (what do you guys think of this?).
12. Smaller pocket inside the side cargo pockets like the original jungle BDUs. These pockets were originally meant for small survival kits that never made it but always nice to hide your folders there if need be.
13. Gussetted crotch.

I guess I got my work cut out for me for the rest of the season ;)

Thanks, guys. I'm starting product development on the first prototype in January. I will keep y'all posted.

In the meantime, the best wishes and Season's Greetings to you and your family from the folks at i-SHOT.

Thank you for making our first year a very successful one :)

Back