Rough Rider out of warranty - Barrel turning by hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used RC7 to lock the magazine and barrel on an old rossi lever gun--after many years and thousands of cartridges it's still solidily put--but it is a permanent no-turning back solution.

I should have brass, aluminum, and spring steel sheet stock on hand, down to 0.003".
There should be something appropriate around here.
I do own a Marlin with a beer can barrel shim, though.

FrankenMauser ....

**Shipping a firearm where I live is not easy. Handguns are massively worse. This is not Heritage's/Taurus's problem from a customer service or business standpoint, so I don't blame them. But it is stupidly expensive for me. We lost our customer service counters for Fedex and UPS several years ago, because we are rural cowpokes and "don't deserve" the finer shipping services that city folk have available. I have to schedule a pickup at my home and be there, waiting for the driver to arrive. On top of already expensive shipping, that is a $38 charge for pickup. (Yes, $38, just for a home pickup.) And I have to waste my day by waiting for the driver to show.
Neither FedEx or UPS will accept a firearm shipment from a nonlicensee. Thats been FedEx policy since September 2021 and UPS policy since September 2022.

Violate their shipping policy and they can deny any claim for loss, damage or theft. Further, if you ship an item prohibited by their tariff, they may refuse to deliver that item or return it to you.

OP is the type who will brand the Rough Rider a garbage gun from one bad experience, but would make excuses if it was a Wrangler because it has Ruger in the name.

OP, you said it couldn't be fired when you took possesion of it, but you didn't contact Heritage and send it back immediately? That doesn't make sense...

Rough Riders are garbage. Even people that like them admit that they are low quality firearms that will not have a long life.
Yes, my Wrangler has been absolutely fine since day one. Revisit post #14. I see observation and fact, not excuses.

OP, you said it couldn't be fired when you took possesion of it, but you didn't contact Heritage and send it back immediately? That doesn't make sense.
The answer that you seek to ignore is in the original post.

Your pot stirring is off target.

I think we can stop this one for now. If there's an update on the repair, I'd be interested to know how it turns out.

FM, over well more than a decade, I think I've learned your style and I think I understand why you bought it and why you've risen to the challenge. I am a little surprised that you haven't reached the end of this challenge.

This is as prime a target as any for 100 yard shooting. It will look fantastic on the mantel after you've landed quality COM hits. I know you've got fantastic rifles for the job.

In fact, the end result might have the finest aesthetics if you use a rimfire for the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back