Rossi lever action . . .

My only issue with the Rossi is the small loading gate. I have big hands/fingers and have trouble loading.

My only issue with the Rossi is the small loading gate. I have big hands/fingers and have trouble loading.

Push one cartridge in til just the head is out. Take the next cartridge and do the same and repeat til loaded.

I just saw a Rossi .44 mag lever action with octagonal barrel, and a scope, at the LGS for $600. This isn't a good time for me to buy another gun....but it really wanted to adopt me....

Rossi/Interarms Puma 92

I got one new in 357 mag back in the early 90's still like the Dickens out of it. Shooting 38 spl out of it feels like a BB gun for recoil but still very accurate. These rifles have a bit of a cult following if you look on line there are gunsmiths that specialize in tuning and slicking them up if you want to go that route. Can't go wrong with one they are of very good quality.

For completeness, I should post a picture of my 300yd steel .357mag Rossi as well. While a bit heavy for long woods walks at 8lbs 30z loaded with 15rds, it's a great range gun. My son and I have a spot out in Pawnee National Grassland where there are natural berms out at 100-200yds (angled) and 400-475yds (angled).

GZUA0J8.jpg

We like to go out for longer range shooting than the max 300yds at our range nearby. It's where I shoot apples with my scoped A4 AR at 400+yds and as well as shoot steel at 400+yds with my NM sighted M1A. My 24" Rossi rifle is great for work out at the longer ranges and it's always fun to shoot pistol bullets out a few hundred yards at clay pigeons set on the nearer berms.

Back