Rossi 92 quality and value?

It's a Navy Arms 20" octagon, which is pretty much a Rossi of that period, with better wood and flame-job casehardening.

If you're talking about one made in the last three years or so it was made by Miroku. If you're talking older than that it's either a Rossi or Chiappa and the case hardening isn't real. Navy Arms doesn't make anything.

The receiver looks quite a bit better than my Braziltech Rossi but not quite as good as a Miroku Winchester. Someone on the web said they start with the same receivers as used for Winchesters. I appreciate the fact that Navy arms is an importer/jobber similar to Turnbull or Cimmaron. The case hardening is obviously phoney, yet it's attractive. It probably was 3 years since I've had it. When I bought them, they were half the money of a Winchester. The 38/.357 Braziltech /Rossi had real issues with the sights. It sure shoots straight now though.
The Navy was perfect from the get-go. They aren't Winchesters by any stretch, but they sure go shooting alot.

Mine is an older Interarms Rossi pre safety. The sights were ok but I swapped out the rear for a marbles full buckhorn. The only thing I don't like about the sights is the front sight is mounted to the front barrel band instead of behind it.

Well you talked about it and you talked about it and now I done went and done it. I have a Rossi 92 in 20" round barrel, .45 Colt, on the way to me now. :)

You people are just enablers!!!;)

I have had a SS 20 inch barrel 92 Rossi in 45LC for 15+ years now. I use it for just about everything. Cowboy Action Shooting, Deer & Pig Hunting, Plinking, and it makes a great just out Walking Around Rifle and Camp Rifle. And IMHO mine makes for me a great Personnel Protection Rifle as well. Ten Rounds of 250gr LRNFP 45LC`s loaded on the warm side will take care of most any problem I have ever ran into 2 legged or 4 legged. I have never had any problems what so ever with my SS 92 Rossi in 45LC. And now after shooting it as much as I have, the action is as smooth as silk. And it has always been very accurate right from the get go. My Little Rossi 92 45LC is one of my favorite Rifles and I shoot it alot.
ken

Yeah, report back & let us know how it shoots.

Make sure you swab out the bore before firing it the first time. Mine had a bunch of big metal chips/shavings stuck to the packing grease inside the barrel.

I ran 400 rounds of hand cast 38s through my 92 this weekend. No hangups whatsoever. I never did any smoothing or working of the action. It was great out of the box.

I did run some 125gr 357s over 21grs of h110 out of it as well. Super fun and accurate!

I'm glad I bought mine a few years back. I'm sure you will be as well. I need a 45colt version badly!

Back