Rosie: At it Again

GO Rich!
If you can convert only ONE real "anti" think of how many fencesitters you have influenced.
Somebody said "kiss up" but in all seriousness this Forum itself is obviously a great tool for the education of the masses and for this alone you should be commended. So as the chorus does another verse of High Hopes I salute you!

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

It is a shame that Gavin DeBecker is anti-gun, and is running around spouting off about it. I have just finished his new book and has good information in it. What makes no sense though, is his premise that you can avoid ALL trouble by just following your natural instincts. He talks about following your instincts and listening to true fear. When you start listening to true fear, you can relax at other times. You basically learn to trust your instincts, which are based on the information that your subconscious is receiving. You don't know the clues are there consciously, but you pick them up. Anyway, he never addresses the senario where you follow your instincts, but you are still in a dangerous situation. He just assumes you will always be able to avoid a bad situation. When reading his book it was glaringly obvious where his theory breaks down. He was apparently in some screwy situations as a child, and I believe he reacts now, simply on an emotional level, to guns. That sounds familiar. I would suggest reading his book but I don't want to support his efforts. It is too bad, he is on the right track until the train wreck at the end of his hypothesis. My only solace in owning the book is that it was given to me.

Okay I'm going to do some gratuitous boasting here.
wink.gif

I believe I was the first TFL member to post on the Rosie board. I had asked here for members to back me up there and some (all?) were hesitant due to do so not wanting their info posted on that board, which I understood. I'm also extremely thankful that TFL members no longer have such reservations and are now posting there. From the begining my intentions were to educate those on the fense through rational discussion. And we can see that this approach works.
I can not express how good it feels to read post like GnR's above. So let's continue this type of proactive approach in our day to day lives. Our rights, the constution and our nation depends on it.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Back