Ron Paul Supporters: Did you vote for Bush?

Did you vote in 2000 and/or 2004; did you vote Bush? Ron Paul supporters only please

• Voted in both elections and for Bush both times.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • Voted in both elections but for Bush only in 2000

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Voted in both elections but for Bush only in 2004

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Voted in both elections but not for Bush.

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Voted only in 2000 and for Bush

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Voted only in 2000 and not for Bush

• Voted only in 2004 and for Bush

• Voted only in 2004 and not for Bush

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Did not vote in 2000 or 2004

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • This is the first year I will be voting

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bruxley

Poll question and choices are pretty self explanitory. I'm not a basher of Paul as you can confirm by my post history. My critisizms have only been about leadership ability not about the man or the message. No bait or trap, simple curiousity.

Paul's ideas are in line with my way of thinking. Strongly pro gun, pro life and pro=constitution. He has a quirky personality but he is dead on on the issues.

I voted for Bush in 2000, but if memory serves, I didn't vote at all in 2004 because I was unable to get to the polls that day. If I had voted in 2004, it would have been Libertarian.

I voted Libertarian both times. I will vote Libertarian this time around if Ron Paul does not make it to the ballot.

I voted for Bush both times. The second time, I almost didn't, was looking for a good alternative. I almost just went Libertarian, but ended up voting for the lesser of 2 evils. I have come to resent that. That is why I will not do so again. If I can't find someone I agree with in principle, then I will use my vote to strengthen the Libertarian party in general. So, it's Paul as long as he's there, Libertarian if he is not.

Twice

In 2000 and 2004.

Bush is a nice guy and when he ran against Gore and Kerry he was the better choice.

Kerry would not have left Iraq either and most likely our taxes would have gone up and Alito and Roberts for sure would not have been appointed.

In this election cycle RP's views most closely match my own.

I voted for Bush both times and have no regrets.

RKBA has moved forward during his administrations (Kerry would have used the office to demand AWB be renewed), and he has appointed two Supreme Court Justices within whom I have confidence.

All other issues ? Some good, some bad, but no worse than Gore or Kerry would have done.

I voted for him both times and like the invasion of Iraq it was in my opinion the best choice at the time given the information present.

I hated to vote for him in 2004 though as I saw him as a paranoid who surrounded himself with yes men. He spent too much, created too much big gov't, sold us out on immigration, and has taken to nation building. Still I really despised Kerry...

I will not hold my nose for a candidate who stinks as bad as W for the 2008 election. I will vote Libertarian first.

I voted enthusiastically for him in 2000. I voted for in 2004 as the lesser of two evils. I would not vote for him in 2008, even if he as running against Satan.

I didn't vote in 2000, didn't vote for Bush in 2004 (or Kerry). Third parties and write ins are not allowed on the Oklahoma ballot, so I left that part of my ballot blank.

voted for Bush twice.....Now as a conservative, I am not represented by party or platform....

(now I see Bush wants to get everybody $800 to help the economy)
Telling WashingtonDC to live with less is just out of the question for the new conservatives.

If its free money why cant I have my next years salery up front.....its good for the economy!!!! :barf::mad:
what the diff btwn a dem an this again???

Unregistered.....you sum my situation well.

Of course, sending a message to a 3rd party will do so well.

You know, all those votes that went to Ross Perot brought us the first AWB.

You can cut your nose off despite your face. Anybody here really thing that a 3rd party vote would yield more freedom...or less?

Or, put it this way, which vote will bring us closer to AWB-II?

I may not like Romney (and by the way, Duncan Hunter is just as 2nd Am as Paul, but not looney on foreign policy) nor Guiliani and see this election is no great win if either of them win, I can say for absolute certain that Obama or Clinton are definite losses.

You know, united we win, divided we fall? Folks did it with Perot and we got AWB-I. A 3rd Party vote is a vote for AWB-II.

Davis

This notion continues to resurface no matter how often it's shown to be incorrect.

There's simply no proof of what it asserts at all.

I voted for Bush the first time, in 2000. The next four years made me ashamed to call myself a republican. I voted Kerry in the second election, and will vote Paul in this one.

Are those the same votes that Bush didn't earn?

It is Bush's own fault (READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES) that he got himself unelected.

I voted for Bush both times and have no regrets.

Wow, wish I could say that as I have deep regret in voting for him, just my opinion but I believe the overall damage brought on this country by this administration will take years to correct.

Back