Rimfire suppressor questions

Your results are to be fully expected if you were using ammo that broke the sound barrier...there is nothing to slow them down in a muzzle can. (the OPTIMA is rated for full auto 5.56mm fire as far as handling the gas volume goes, at 30 onces in weight and almost 9 inches long and 1 5/8 inch diameter its not a small suppressor)

Im sure it was fairly loud with the crack of the bullets...where my pistol has a ported barrel, to keep everything just under supersonic even with Hi Velocity ammo...no matter what(as a contrast in systems.)

a 10/22 or a Walther P22 with a muzzle can is loud with supersonic ammo as well.

just go buy CCI or RWS subsonic( I order it from midway when not availible local)...and it will be like night and day in your AC556 w/muzzle can and .22 kit

I really do not have any real suppressor experience but I was wondering if someone bought the "best" .223 cal supressor rated for full auto would it be possible to use the same suppressor on their .22 cal pistols and rifles. Has anyone done this and how did it effect the silencing ability when used with a .22 since it is drilled for the .223 round?

Even if there was a mild increase in the volume in .22 it would bo the most versatile/economical of all worlds if it was safe to do this.

.223 cans on .22's

The answer is yes to everything. 22LR is still very quiet out of a .223 can. Its not as effective as a dedicated .22 can is, but close. The untrained ear wouldn't know much of a difference unless the two were compared. The only downfall is the additional weight. No .223 can outthere will reliably cycle a browning-action .22 auto. (fixed barrels like the Walther P22, PP22, Ruger MK??? series, Browning Buckmarks, should cycle fine....) the additional benefit is the thread patters are the same for .223 and 22LR's, as well as most 9mm (although you cant shoot 9mm from a 223 can).

Wow!

THOSE ARE SOME BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF SOME VERY BEAUTIFUL ITEMS!!!

I L-O-V-E my silenced .22LR.... The tree-rats hate it, but I don't! :-) (not that I would shoot poor-ol-scooter anyway..... :D)

Back