Right vs left barrel twist?

Modified Right Hand Twist

Modified Right Hand Twist: You are getting too anal. In the army I convinced some folks that black was really camouflage white.

Also, I was informed that the Krag rifle did have the angled long range sight. This provision may have disappeared with the advent of more portable crew served machine guns with smokeless powder etc. Don't know about the," Potato Digger."No more volley fire as in 2500 yards. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
Psychologically? It makes a person feel better when they have a right hand twisted barrel, because it's the "right thing to do.":D

Try giving a raised left handed fist power salute --- instead of your right --- at certain protest marches, and some people will take it as an insult, because you did not raise your right instead.:confused:

Last edited:
That's great. Sometime the best answers are the simplest. It's all in the symbols! Right, Left and all that.

Is it possible that some snarky folks go through life with full Huggies trying to enlighten others?

Isn't it because most rifles are sold in the northern hemisphere? If they were sold in the southern hemisphere they would have the opposite twist, kind of like the phenomonon of why toilets flush clockwise vs. counterclockwise depending on which hemisphere they are in??

My friend just got back from visiting Australia. The first thing he did was check out the toilet flushing direction. He said the toilets are different in Australia. They flush straight down and don't swirl in either direction.

I hadn't thought of those old Ford trucks for years and here the head rears up once again....Sorry to butt in off topic but you woke me up with that one.

From my reading the right or left twist makes no difference and is only tradition.

The Brits believed left-hand twist imparts slight leftward bullet drift that compensates for the tendency of right-handed shooters to pull the shot right when pulling the trigger, but not true.

The Brits believed left-hand twist imparts slight leftward bullet drift that compensates for the tendency of right-handed shooters to pull the shot right when pulling the trigger, but not true.

Attribution?

Back