Rifle for my daughter

I started out with a lever action 30-30 and still take deer with this "oldy but goody". Some companies now offer Reduced Recoil ammo.

CZ527 is a short and lightweight carbine that is available in 7.62 X 39. Recoil is moderate but this Soviet designed cartridge has what it takes to down deer effectively out to approx 150 yards or so.

.243 is always a good choice for deer-sized game whether a beginner or seasoned older hunter.

Good hunting to you.
Jack

There are a lot of good options, but I love the 243.

I shot a 7mm-08 awhile back though and it was awesome. That's a lot of bullet with little recoil.

Quarter bores are sweet too.

U............of............A.............WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!

There, fixed your sig line for ya:cool::D

For a small beginner, it would be hard to beat a lever action 30-30. They shoulder very well, and the recoil is very mild.

I saw your post , "Rifle for My Daughter." I will not trade you any of my rifles for your Daughter. I'm sure she is very nice , but it is shameless that you would post such a thing on here. I'm surprised the moderator hasn't deleted your selfish and horrid inquiry. I do know these other guys down South of here though. They asked me to find out what type of rifle you are looking for and they had some questions about your daughter which I could email you.

Hey Daggitt.......you are way too funny. Trust me you don't have a rifle nice enough for my daughter. BOTH of them are PRICELESS. Wouldn't trade either of them for the world. Maybe Im just a PROUD Dad. But you are funny none the less!

You my Friend are a Gentleman and a good Sport. My humble apologies to you and your Daughters. I could not stop myself. Your compliment is graciously accepted.

.243 Nyet is what they say in Russia

.243 is fine for varmint hunting but underweight for white tail deer. to be honest I would get something in a .30 cal range, the last thing you may want your daughter to deal with is having to put down a wounded deer. Idk you or your daughter but that might be a factor to think on.

Back