Richards Microfit stocks

As others have advised, don't get antsy. Give Richard's at least 12 weeks before ya nag them. Your excitement is understandable, but do your homework, do other things, keep busy. When it does arrive, understand and be prepared to accept that it probably will look a bit disappointing.

Meantime, arm yourself with several different grits of sandpaper. The barrel channel on the ones I have finished needed to be opened up to float the barrel. Find a deep socket that will fit the channel with sandpaper wrapped around it to work on that. A small wood chisel may be required to fit the action into the inletting. Remember to go slowly on taking off wood to alter the shape or dimensions. You can't put wood back on. It seems like it's tempting to start laying on Truoil but I have learned that when it seems ready to finish, it needs a lot more sanding. Every little scratch and imperfection will show up when the finish goes on, and taking off finish to clean up imperfections just drags the job out longer.

Hope you enjoy your project as much as I enjoy finishing a piece of lumber and then feeling like the rifle is really mine after it's done.

Yeah I'm not expecting to see it until almost Nov., but I do have plenty of other things to do and to get ready for when it arrives.

Still have loads to test and develop. 5 new bullets I've never shot before. Same with 2 new powders.

Here is one on a Mauser 24/47 custom. A higher grade of walnut. A lot of work.
IMG-0187.jpg

IMG-0184.jpg

IMG-0188.jpg

Back