Richards Microfit Review/writeup 4/17

One of my hobbies is making electric guitars, and hard maple is a favorite wood for guitar necks.

If you find the sanding getting too intense, consider getting a 'scraper': well tuned, they can cut extremely fast, and leave a finish finer than 1,000 grit paper.

They're also great on woods with a lot of variation in the hardness of the growth rings and the rest of the wood:

Larry

Is there anyone who know how different the Boyd's and Richard's stocks are in the distance from the Thumbhole to trigger?
I am looking at buying a Richard's Dual grip for my Brno zkk600 but I'm worried the grip to trigger reach will be to long for the original CZ single set trigger?

I have asked both Boyd's and Richard's but only one responses so far the they did not know that measure.. And I have read som complaints about shooters with Andy hand don't fit this design of Thumbhole very well. I use sizes 8,5 or 9 in gloves, wich I think I should be about average. Any suggestions?

If you find the sanding getting too intense, consider getting a 'scraper': well tuned, they can cut extremely fast, and leave a finish finer than 1,000 grit paper.

I have scraped furniture, tables and pianos, same for old saws, without some way to hold razors it is possible to get occasional chatter marks.

F. Guffey

Back