Revolver

I think one or more of you specialized, target-shooting, put-together-what-works-best folks needs to post a new forum or sub-forum as to better enlighten ignorant folks such as myself. I think this is a whole new-to-me genre of target shooting specific firearms.

Are there any links you can provide?

I'll have to admit I was turned off by the look of these guns but once it was 'splained to me I can see how one could get very interested in this type of shooting, no matter the look of the gun nor how it was assembled.

This is a whole new world to me. I am fascinated by the 1911 framed flintlock and inline guns as posted by B.L.E.

I apologize for any irreverent remarks I have previously made.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Last edited:
That's OK Jim, Here's my wife and I target pistols

ca4fddadf3a026c8cd64d29b7c291057.jpg

My Flintlock target pistol
ec430033dac41a3097095b6d424b1e32.jpg

My daughters pistol. All are 32 caliber
2011_11020006-1.jpg

They all may be ugly as sin, but shooting the name of the game. 10 shots 25yd

SmallS.jpg

Last edited:
It's my understanding that there are a lot of retired tool and die makers in the Indiana region with time on their hands and who need a hobby. These guns definitely don't come from any big-box retailer. It's a cottage industry, what all muzzleloaders were before the commercial muzzleloading boom in the 1970's.

These are my Lewis .32 cal flinter and Yazel .36 cal cap. Notice the same grip panels that are on the revolver are shared on this caplock too.

This is the same caplicl but with its original grips fr the maker. Currently I'm giving those grips another try.

My old Ruger. Bought new 1972. Put a 45-70 barrel on it. Cut to 6 inches
Bored out chambers to 465 to match groove dia of barrel. I shoot 465 balls in it.
Won the pistol agg at Friendship in 1991. Good accurate gun

ef71b5fbc6576edd73fa832c6443d175.jpg

some day I hope to you traditional shooters cross the line and shoot with us at friendship.

Last edited:
Here are my Yazels, I had made in 1982 or 1983. I shot a set of Yazels that were in 40 cal at a match in Jackson, MS that year and had to have them. I was shooting a modified 40 cal under hammer that started out as a Hopkins-Allen 36 with a crummy barrel and sights. Had my friend that taught me how to build muzzleloaders to make a 40 cal barrel off of a cut off piece of rifle barrel and we put some Bomar sights like I was shooting on my Bullseye guns. Got my Yazels and gave the underhammer to a friend to shoot.
I bet I called Harold Yazel 20 times while he was making these. I did have to get a couple of nipples for the prec lately. 45 Cal, both cut from same Bill Large barrel I had ordered.
Shot many 100's with the perc and some real good targets with the flinter.
Smith 41 grips.
Just picked up this ROA- didn't think I would shoot it since it was unfired so it went down the road.
I have a blued ROA that I shoot for targets usning roundball and conicals for hunting up close from blinds.

Mike
DSCF1156_zpsfrktrhn7.jpg

IMG_1208_zpsa88582eb.jpg

Last edited:
Back