revolver zen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please take no offense, but I train with LEOs, and you come off as a rookie know it all. How many one-on-one street fights have you been in with a clearheaded, expierenced fighter?
END

Most of the fights I have been in have been with intoxicated subjects. If they were clear headed they would not try fighting with a cop. As for the situation above thats a time to call for backup and deploy pepper spray and if need be a baton. Brian I don't know you but from what you have said about martial arts I can tell you confidently that your 100%WRONG.
PAT

What personal attack PAT? I posted message to Brian (not you) suggesting he not try to hold a meaningful discussion with you--it's not worth the time (or aggravation) because, as he has learned, you do not learn. (I usually try to give rational back-up for what I post.)

And, PAT (I know it's useless, but I have to try), there is a world of difference from rolling around on the floor with a drunk, and serious fight with somebody bigger and meaner than you (and who knows what they're doing) out to do you serious bodily harm. Sometimes OC works in those cases often it doesn't (in those cases); sometimes back-up arrives in time, but it can be delayed; sometimes you're down and out before you can get baton out (if your opponent is any good at all--believe there are bad guys out there that know what they're doing better than you do). There was a thread over on glocktalk that suggested all LEOs should spend some time as COs first. It may not be true in all cases, but in your case, you could definitely use a dose of the real world. You really don't know how much you don't know.

Last edited:
And Pat, since you decided to lecture me on spelling (Shudokan v. Shotokan), let's do a quick spell check of your last several entries:

WORD MISSPELLED CORRECT SPELLING
Brain Brian
Akido Aikido
your you're (contraction of
"you are"
pummiling pummelling
expierance experience
attackes attacks
when ever whenever (one word)

Ordinarily, I wouldn't care about your inability to spell or to write coherently, but I won't be lectured any more by you. You don't have the right and I'm not granting it to you.

gumshoe4

I was not correcting your spelling because both are words. I was correcting the fact that I did not study Shotokan (which is a style) I studied Shudokan which is a different style. So chill already. I never claimed to be a good with grammar.
PAT

Sniff, sniff...

Hum....

I'm smelling.....

I'm smelling semi-auto ninja...

Does anyone else smell it?

Oh well, you know what they say...

Those who can't use the tool are the first to condemn the tool.

I'm getting a serious perspective here that someone just can't shoot a revolver worth a damn...

Mike Irwin

I have also shot expert with my Smith 610 so nice try. So if someone disagrees with you they must be a lousy shot. I also won a bowling pin match back in Fairbanks with a Python I used to own in the revolver only catagory.
PAT

Well that settles it. Firearm Death-Foo Ninja!

I thought that they were only a legend. In my youth, I devoted myself to the study of Ooh eee ooh aah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang. Upon reciept of my ninth level Binjo Ditch Death Commando belt I was told, "Beware the Death-Foo!" Now I know why.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let's see.

In one thread, revolvers are hard to shoot and inaccurate.

Now, he's shooting expert and winning matches with them.

Must not be much of a qualification course if you can shoot expert with an "obsolete" weapon. (It could definitely lead to overconfidence.)

Anybody else getting a whiff of La La Land here.

Last edited:
Yeah, what do you expect from a pubescent teen? This guy has got to be some wannabe kid. Anyone who seriously judges the effectiveness of a martial art using the UFC as a reference is obviously getting his information directly from TNT's "Movies for Guys who like Movies". He probably judges the the US Olympic Wrestling Team using "WWF Raw" as a standard.:barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back