Revolver With Lowest DA Trigger Pull?

S&Ws can be lighted considerably just with aftermarket spring kits. You just have to be careful not to make it to light. You can get it down to the point you
will have ununiform ignition of primer or misfires. Do not use strain screw as a
means of adjusting trigger pull.

Reducing friction essentially makes trigger pull less, but does not reduce the measured break.

I find that strategic polishing works wonders on most handguns, but I don't recommend just anyone to do it.

But it may not be a good idea. The factory spring is strong enough to fire the hardest primer in the roughest gun.
I would not reduce the mainspring in a carry gun without work done to reduce friction in proportion.

I too have arthritic hands and because of a skin disorder semi-auto's are not viable option for me.

I'm also a firm believer that if you customize something to fit your physical requirements you will use it more often and more importantly you'll derive greater satisfaction from it. And by using it more often you become more proficient with it. What's the point of owning something you can't enjoy?

That being said I switched to a10# hammer spring and an 8# trigger spring on my SP101 DAO because the original spring was much to stiff for my liking. I even went the extra mile and installed hammer shims. The end result is the pull on it is now light, glass smooth, comfortable and consistent. I have since put over 1000 rounds down the pipe and have had "0" light strikes and FTF's.

I now have a firearm that is a joy to shoot.

4V50 Gary -- You asked about the comparison between triggers in the polymer SW Bodyguard and the Ruger LCR. I really tried to like the Bodyguard but absolutely hated the trigger on it. I got rid of it. I just recently purchased a Ruger LCR (9mm) but, I've been out of town and haven't made it to the range yet. Dry firing, the trigger on the LCR is much better than the Smith. I will have to get used to the long trigger reset. You have to pretty well let it all the way out before it resets.

I have an LCR 357 with about 1000 rounds thru it. The trigger has always been lighter than my SP101 and the pull is definitely shorter. The trigger has grown significantly smoother the more I shoot it. I pretty much shoot 38 Special's only... I practice with Remington 125 grain +P JHP and carry the 77 grain ARX round.

I purchased the 357 frame because it's stainless and adds a few ounces more weight that aids in reducing recoil.

To be honest...the SP101 is a more enjoyable gun to shoot with it's now buttery smooth trigger. The LCR being lighter carries better.

Gotta tell you that I have both Smith and Colt revolvers but a recently purchased Dan Wesson 715 has the smoothest, shortest double action pull I have yet to experience plus I can have it with a 4, 6 or 8" barrel. I'm amazed that the DA groups are almost as good as the SA ones, Only gripe is trying to find Roper style grips for it.:)

I changed to trigger spring in my SP101 357. Put in a 10# wolff spring. It was easy, I have shot hundreds of 38/357 round through the gun with out a problem.. It is one of my favorite range guns.

Gotta tell you that I have both Smith and Colt revolvers but a recently purchased Dan Wesson 715 has the smoothest, shortest double action pull I have yet to experience plus I can have it with a 4, 6 or 8" barrel. I'm amazed that the DA groups are almost as good as the SA ones, Only gripe is trying to find Roper style grips for it.:)

This is my experience as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back