Revolver reloads in IPSC matches. Need to streamline the motions with limitations.

The reload method I taught, to Security, and Police (Because you could not risk a stumble in a fight.)

On firing last shot, place revolver in palm of left hand, right thumb opens cylinder, 4 left fingers and thumb holding cylinder, barrel vertical, slap ejector rod with right palm, guarantees rapid dump of empties, invert, speed load, close, come back to aim. Using left thumb to open and dump? No Sir, caused stuck empties!

While targets being scored (trust the RO) pick up your stuff.

The reload method I taught, to Security, and Police (Because you could not risk a stumble in a fight.)

On firing last shot, place revolver in palm of left hand, right thumb opens cylinder, 4 left fingers and thumb holding cylinder, barrel vertical, slap ejector rod with right palm, guarantees rapid dump of empties, invert, speed load, close, come back to aim. Using left thumb to open and dump? No Sir, caused stuck empties!

While targets being scored (trust the RO) pick up your stuff.

I use the left thumb to eject, but not open. As for empties, sure I can do that, but the chances of cases getting stepped on or lost over time is way higher and eventually I will have to buy more.

I know that to be the case anyway, but I don't want to accelerate the process. And the noose is tightening on gun-related supplies in Europe so I want my straight-walled cases to last as long as possible.

Hi James,

Just a note.

Many moons ago, I visited the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.
Dropped down from Toronto Canada, giving my nice new Chevy Impala a spin, an Agent I had met at a IALEFI annual training conference had stated drop by, if I was ever in the area, sounded like an invitation to me!

Spent a couple of weeks on vacation, just me. Spent the best part of a day there, visited Hogans Alley, the huge Armory, even helped out in an exercise in that facility. Asked about the end of the day for the empty brass! 148g target loads, fired from S&W Mod 13, 4" Revolvers. On leaving I visited a big metal skid, half full of once fired brass!

Using big plastic bags, relived the nice chaps of the FBI of a trunk full of that once fired brass. On leaving, I stopped at the first Gas Station, availed myself of their Air Hose, to add air to my Air Shocks, to lift the drooping rear end!

Not sure what I declared at the Canadian Border, but I never got to the end of that (Gift!) my reloads 160g copper-washed lead hard ball bullets, chased by 3.5 grains of DuPont 700X. For my Security Students.

My Wife of 25 years mentioned the other day, Her many hours loading tubes of primers, to feed my Progressive Press, a Star machine, invented the same year I was born, 1935! That same Lady with her own Glock 42 .380!

Enjoy your Hobby whilst you can James.

Back