Retired Firefighter Shoots Neighbor, Claims Self Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I am not on my own property does not mean that I don't have rights to self defense.

You do not have the right to bring a firearm onto someone else's property without their consent.

If you refuse to leave you are trespassing.

The guy was a confrontational and delusional moron. He will reside at Huntsville, TX for an extended period of time: As it should be.

You do not have the right to bring a firearm onto someone else's property without their consent.

If by that you mean that the consent of a property owner is required for concealed carry, that is not correct in many states, but is true that some states require the consent of a homeowner to carry inside the home. Property owners can order you off their premises for virtually any reason, but requiring informed consent of a property owner is an uncommon provision in firearm law, to the best of my knowledge.

Turn it around.

You come onto my lawn. You tell me to turn my porch light off, because my porch light bothers you. I tell you no. You pull out a gun, turn on your camera, announce that you're standing your ground and dial 911.

I blow you away.

Who was defending himself?

Who has castle doctrine behind him?

Who started it?

He belongs in prison.

If by that you mean that the consent of a property owner is required for concealed carry, that is not correct in many states

Name a state that allows you to carry without the owner's consent.

That is a basic property right in all 50 states.

You do not have ANY right to enter private property and do ANYTHING.

PERIOD.

Your presence on private property is at the whim of the owner.

If they do not like you hair color they can tell you to leave, and then have you charged with trespassing of you refuse.

It is NOT the same as a business that is open to the public.
They have a few more restrictions, but you can still be told to leave and charged with trespassing if you refuse.

It is NOT the same as a business that is open to the public.

Exactly, brickeyee.

When you enter private property (IE: my yard) You are not in a place you have a right to be.

I may, or may not grant you the privilege to be there, but that is vastly different than a "Right"

Actually, virtually all states allow you to carry on private property without the owners consent. If they find out, ask you to leave and you refuse, it's trespassing but very few places require permission of any kind, prior.

TWO years ago???Why do they keep insisting he is a "retired fire fighter"? Another dunce trying to get our rights removed. Thanks--not.:mad:

-7-

That's not the point. You do have the right to bring a firearm on someone's property without their consent to bring the weapon. Of course you don't have the right to be on their property without their consent. If they tell you to leave and you refuse, you're trespassing, but the weapon is irrelevant.

The statement was "name a state that allows you to carry without the owners consent". The answer to that is "virtually all of them do". You're not allowed to BE THERE without the owners consent but virtually no jurisdiction requires consent to carry a weapon on private property.

I carry a weapon on private property without the owners consent all the time. I'm allowed to be there but no one ever consented to the concealed weapon.

Last edited:
My issue isn't with the fact that a guy who had a complaint was carrying a weapon. I normally carry, and if I were going to a neighbor's to ask them to keep the noise down a bit, I wouldn't disarm before going - unless I anticipated being asked to come in, join, and drink.

My issue isn't whether it's wrong to approach a neighbor about noise levels. It shouldn't be a big problem.

My issue isn't with going onto somebody else's property with the intention of talking with them. We all do that. Some of us routinely do that while carrying concealed. If the property is not posted, there is nothing wrong with going up and knocking on the door.

My issues with this case are not related to the gun, nor the request, nor the property. My issues with this case are with apparent intent, and actions in evidence, that show Rodriguez was not looking for a solution, but a confrontation. Going looking for a confrontation, particularly while armed, is a bad, bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back