Reticle gets blurry after a few minutes

When setting the reticle focus, you shouldn't spend a long time staring into the scope.

Aim the scope at a blank background like a white wall or the sky so you're not trying to focus on the background. Then look through the scope at the reticle. Adjust it until it looks right, then let your eyes rest for awhile and repeat the procedure until it looks right when you first look into the scope with rested eyes.

There is one more long shot possible situation here. A lens maybe loose. I had it happen and it took a couple days to sink in. I was just not expecting that it it would move back in place and later settle out.

I dont know enough about the optics. In my case the target&everything went slightly out of focus. For a while, I thought it was me. Typical "old age" reaction. It was not that obvious and my mind was on the shooting. And the weird thing was it would seem to randomly get in or out of place for a few shots.

When adjusting a scope focus, back out the eyepiece 'til it's blurry, then slowly turn it until the crosshairs and image are clear, but no more.

Back