Resist the robbery or not?

Political Climate

In areas like NYC with strict gun control, the official, municipal party line is to behave like lambs and offer no resistance. Too many people who offered no resistance were executed, apparently for fun, including the father of a girl I once dated, who was mugged and shot dead on the subway.

There have been many successful robberies of gun stores here in the north east. You could be surrounded by guns but if your mindset is that of a lamb, you will lose. Safety and security doesn't begin and end with a gun. Remember: mindset, judgment, tactics, marksmanship and firearm. These elements must all work for you as a team. You could have a killer mindset but zero judgment for taking on a four-man robbery team with a two-shot derringer. You lose.
Hits with a .380 are more effective than misses with +P+ .45 ACP.

I often wonder what the robber would do if he tried to rob me as i have no cash or any credit cards on me.

In any instance, having a gun pointed at you gives you very few options.
In the ring fighting in competition in a marshal art distraction is a key component but would it work in this situation? Would the guy be distracted enough if a person fumbles the wallet and drops it?

In the 80s Idid a body guard school, was shown and practised dis arming manuvers, the commando type person could do this 9 out of 10 times on any one of us in that class.

After I was shot, I decided that the next guy pulls a gun on me will have my 350 lb body flung at him, maybe it will distract him enough...

Nonviolent Resistance?????

What is that, holding your breath?

Nonviolent resistence means not complying or fully complying to demands while not trying to physically harm your robber. Examples would be things like verbally resisting (telling the robber you won't deliver what he wants, arguing with the robber), running away, trying to physically retain an item the robber is trying to take from you, etc.

Death row is full of people who shot convenience store clerks after robbing them.

Amen. That's why I chuckle when a board commando, who's never been in that situation, suggests that YOU should wait "until you think" you're about to be harmed before offering resistance. And they they proceed to tell you that means when you have a gun pointed at you and are told to get in the back room, on the floor, and so forth.

Just my thoughts on the matter.:cool:

Back