Reports from the range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a marathon session today. Myself, my normal partner and a couple of friends, one of whom is an operator in Europe and one is prior mil and is a former quick draw champion in CAS (Ray Cantrell, if anyone is into CAS and knows him..).

Anyway, we started at about 11:30am or so and went till 5:00pm. forgot about lunhc. Best session in a long time. Lots of the standard drills (as per previous posts in this thread) and lots of Exec. Prot. team drills.

One new one to add for everyone:

Set up two small paper plates (5 inch ones, or whatever, accoridng to skill level) about 6-8 feet apart from one antoher at chest level.

Place a piece of string or stick or something a the midway point between the plates. 5-7 feet out.

Load one round in the chamber and one in your mag. Load two rounds in your spare mag.

Stand about 5-7 feet in front of one plate, with your back towards it, hand on your belt buckle.

At the buzzer (or when your buddy says "go!" Turn and double tap first plate.

As you execute your mag change move across the stick/string to get in front of the other plate. (DON"T TRIP!)

Double tap the second plate.

Penalize yourself 1 full second for each miss.

Good times are under 7 seconds with *full* concealment (ie- with your jacket on and realistic weapon/holster position/condition.)

I used a kydex IWB or a Galco CCP (depending on pistol) with a spare mag in my left back pocket, with an untucked shirt concealing. Best times were 4.85 with one miss (result 5.85) or 5.53 no misses.

standard disclaimer: don't shoot yourself or your friends trying this. Don't try it until you are ready. When yoiu are ready, do it "dry" a couple times first to be sure.

------------------
-Essayons

In the interests of participation, I'm going to lock this down and encourage anyone to start a new thread with the same title...those with slower modems have a hard time downloading real long threads.

Commendations to Rob for starting it. This should be an ongoing thread...we'll just close it out and renew from time to time.
Rich
ps: Range time today was an IDPA match using my Glock 29...great fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back