Removing A Squib Round From A Barrel?

There are options, the option that makes the biggest mess is hydraulic heavy grease. I never liked the ideal of pounding and pushing, I had rather pull.

The 'youtube' video used water to fill the barrel, water is fluid, it flows and it can not be compressed. Means nothing to most but the water in the barrel prevents pressure from building up. :eek::eek::confused: Then there is something else to keep up with. The barrel is not design to handle the same amount of pressure on both ends.

Reloaders have no problem jamming the bullet into the lands and then pulling the trigger. I won't and I don't. I am the fan of the running start, I want my bullet to hit the lands a-running. I do not want my bullet setting still at the lands when pressure starts to build., it is the milliseconds that will get you.

Back to filling the barrel with water. The column of water in the barrel is the same as a wood dowel or the brass rod. The demonstrator in the youtube video was careful amount mentioning measured amounts of powder.

And then? There are hammers. It happens everyday, a vehicle is setting at a red light waiting for the light to change when suddenly and without warning 'crash'. A texter or drunk hits them and drives through the intersection etc... No one notices the front of the vehicle is undamaged, the damage to the rear does not escape anyone's notice. The rear of the vehicle absorbed the damage. the rear of the vehicle got hammered, it was upset. Hammering on an obstruction? Same thing. The rear of the obstruction gets larger, the length shortens and become a more efficient obstructer.

Hammers, they come in different weight and with different length handles. If the front of the bullet does not move when the rear of the bullets is upset the barrel bulges.

F. Guffey

Last edited:
Back