Remmie ammo fails

You can't run fast enough to give me a brick of Remington .22 LR ammo. So many FTF's it's not even funny. Some I could get to fire by turning the bullet so the firing pin hit in a different spot. Some not even that would get it to fire.

On the other hand, Remington Gun Club, STS, Nitro-27, ShurShot, American Clays and Field are the only hulls I'll pick up for shot shell reloading today. They are interchangeable as they have the same hull design but you have to watch for six point crimps on the ShurShots.
However, I don't use Remington components to reload them, mostly because Remington thinks their 209 primers are worth a premium price.

It's a shame, FTFs used to be rare even in .22 rimfire ammo. Almost unheard of as a matter of fact. It's still almost unheard of if you are willing to pay for the better ammo out there. I've gone through several bricks of Wolf Mt without a single FTF. CCI standard velocity also doesn't fail to fire although it doesn't quite match the accuracy of the Wolf .22 ammo in my rifle.
Yes, this ammo is more expensive than the bulk plinking ammo most people buy but if you factor inflation, it's right at what all .22 ammo cost back in the late '60s.

That's no kidding Model 12, Remington's ammo QC problems are just another in a long list of their poor QC. They've had a trigger/safety problem that they denied for over 40 years...and have you looked at the Marlin (Remlin) guns since Remington bought them out? Horrible fit/finish and accuracy. At least from the new ones I've handled and shot. They stopped being a gun company when the Wall Street stuffed shirts took over IMO.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but at one of our family Thanksgiving get togethers yesterday one of my cousins was complaining about losing a deer earlier this year because a .270 Core Lokt failed to fire. May just be coincidence but this was in Tennessee, and my cousin is not the type to buy online so the ammo likely came from a local Walmart.

I will not buy Remington .22 RF Ammo. I!ve had too many misfires with it. Most notably with the Golden stuff. Junk IMO.

I received a credible (I know the guy) report on poorly crimped Remington 30-30 ammo in 2010. I've had enough problems with Remington 22 LR that I don't buy it anymore.

Conversely, I've had great results with Remington Hi-Speed Short hollow points and Remington Golden Saber pistol ammo in 40 and 45 ACP calibers.

Go figure.

Back