Reminton '58 loading handle?

re:

Yeah, south of Mojave by ten - fifteen miles, but we camped west of Mojave and mostly stayed near there. We'd go there twice a year for most of my childhood till young adulthood. I went there two years ago, and people were setting mobile homes on land out near Portland Cement.

It's really gowin' out here...no stoppin it either...I bought my home new in 1984 Palmdale ... and could jump on my XL500S hit the railroad tracks all the way to Victorville. Can't do anything like that anymore. Progress they call it.

seen it

I have seen it slowly progress through the I-38 en route to I-14 from pearblossom to palmdale and lancaster. We used to be able to shoot the shotguns all over, ride shirtless and helmetless, coulda shot a cannon almost any direction and not bother anyone or anything. My grandfather started in the fourties, and we went till the early 90's having a blast out there. I did not start going till around 1985 when I was around 11. Once the lanscape changes I guess it just looks wierder.
I gotta get back out there this winter for a vacation. Last time we tented out there it snowed in the Tehachepies and we woke up frozen, surrounded by sheep, he he. I'll bring my Jeep group out for a run if I can.

Back