remington shotgun made in 1900 - got a ?

but what if he registered it on a form 3
or what would it be considered? a sbs or "any other weapon"

like on sons of guns - red jacket made a "leopard gun" they called it

not sure, i have not seen the guy back in the store and dont know his name either....... but still curious

what if he registered it on a form 3
Form 3 is for dealer to dealer transfer. You might be thinking of form 1. That is the form used to register a new SBS or other NFA firearm. Thing is, the approved form 1 has to come back from the BATF before the work is done to shorten barrels etc. It is not legal to register a sawed off shotgun after the fact.

what would it be considered? a sbs or "any other weapon"
An unregistered SBS.

like on sons of guns
I fail to see the similarity between a TV show about a title 2 manufacturer and an old illegal sawed off shotgun.

Last edited:
AfterLife, the Form 3 is for a tax-free transfer from one Class 3 dealer to another (and a few other cases). It is not a way an unregistered NFA firearm can be registered.

Hawg, I am not sure just turning in the barrels would satisfy BATFE; they usually consider the receiver the gun and would want the owner to abandon the gun, not just part of it. Besides, getting a set of legal barrels for an old Remington shotgun would be next to impossible, and the gun is not worth enough to even bother.

There are always folks who claim to have some special way to get illegal NFA weapons registered and made legal. Someone claims to know someone who knows someone who does it all the time and has no problem. I confess to skepticism and have an idea that bringing an illegal gun to the "someone" could be the wrong move.

Jim

Back