Remington Quality

M Gruber......

Thank you very much for the info. I will give them a call this week if I do not get the gun back soon. You would't think it would take this long to get a 30" target barrel.

Well my new 870 police fails to eject, so I called Remington, and the fellow that answered the phone said that I am not the original owner since I got the piece at auction - never mind that it was put up for auction as NIB by a DEALER in NY state, and duly transferred by a DEALER here in California. Hence even though it's NIB piece, it's not covered by their warranty as I am, in Remington's thinking, not the original owner (I got it at auction you see, so it's perforce USED)...

I remember when firearms companies shone in the field of customer service - they were the best, they were unique!
Nice to see that Remington has joined the foray of bullsh*t service to customers...

I'm selling the piece and getting another Ithaca...

The more I hear, the less enthused I grow about new Remington products. I believe I'll keep my eyes open for another classic 870,from the days when they built them with pride. Or maybe a couple of them.

And, every time I'll tell Remington why I did that, instead of getting a new one. I doubt it'll help, but I'll feel better...

I bought a Remington Model 7 SS in .308, and it wouldn't shoot better than 5", 3 shots, 100 yards, with any premium ammo. Sent it back with targets and polite letter. Then, after a really insulting year with "Customer Service" and three factory repairs, it shoots 2", 2 shots. Hope I never have to go through anything like it again. L

Back