Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 for HD?

As to the trigger guard, the 590a1 military nine shot has the steel trigger.

From an off the rack comparison I'd select the mossberg. I was told this by my shotgun smith, he modifies both guns and orders them by the 100's. I have an 870 express and a benelli both being modified by Hans Vang with his "vang comp system", MMC gost rings, comp, ported, flextab, 3"conversion, oversized safty, and coplete reliability package.

If you really want to rock you'll save for the M1 BENELLI, COMP IT, but price is stiff at approx $1600.00, gun must be shipped twice for half the work, to Arizona for gg&g to machine and fit a new barrel. The wait time is also 3-4 months.

I chose the remington 870 home defense based on price the gun dealer was able to put the 2 shot magazine on it in about 15 minutes.

My dept issues 870's with surefire lights. I bought and carry my own 590 in the trunk. The reason for me was the Ghost Ring Sights, 20 in barrel, and the safety. After the LA shoot out I wanted a gun with sights that I could take a 75-100 yard shot at badguys in Level III body armor with. Of course I would only do this with a backstop like a brick wall or something like it. We have nine banks on my post and they have been robbed before. As for a sling I use the sling off a M-60 machine gun, it was the only one that lets me sling it over my 6'2 290lb frame. Plus you can put a bayonet on it. They love that at roll call.

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

i have 2 of the 500 s one persuader which stays in my trunk and a reagular 500 that ive had for almost four years and never had a problem one with 1 put an 18.5 bbl on it it is my house gun

------------------
oneshotonekill

Espresso- depends on whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony. LOL something about bayonets on shotguns that makes me moist.

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

THIS VS THAT.ETC ETC.

RIGHT, BOTH ARE GOOD GUNS. APPROPRIATE ANALOGY THE GLOCK VS HK??? NOT REALLY IN MY OPINION (HK REIGNS SUPREME) BUT CLOSE ENOUGH TO MAKE THE POINT. ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE MAX OUT POSSIBILITIES FOR THE 870 SHOULD CHECK OUT A COMPANY CALLED SCATTERGUN TECHNOLOGIES IN NASHVILLE, TN. THESE PEOPLE DO THINGS TO AN 870 THAT YOU NEVER DREAMED OF. PERSONALLY, HAVING OWNED AND USED BOTH GUNS I PREFER THE 870. SMALLER, LIGHTER A PLETHORA OF ACCESSORIES AND MORE TIME PROVEN DURABILITY THAN THE 590 WILL EVER HAVE. I CLEANED THE INTERNALS OF ONE ONLY ONCE IN 16 YEARS. AFTER LITERALLY THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS IT HAD NEVER MALFUNCTIONED OR FAILED TO BE AT MY BECK AND CALL. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF RELIABILITY. THE FACT THAT MAKES ALL THIS JABBER MUTE IS THAT THEY BOTH ROCK SO CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON.

Back