Remington 783 opinions please.

I got my new 783 in caliber 223, and looked it over. I like the looks of it, all the Savage type features it has. I fired it with 55, 65, 75 grain bullets and they all shot nice small groups. The factory trigger setting was pretty good, but I adjusted it down to 2.5 pounds by my gauge and that really felt light, so I left it there. I don't know how far down it can be adjusted, but the trigger seems to be very nice. I am looking forward to putting lots of rounds through it. The 223 has a 9 inch twist barrel.

Sounds good to me . If there had been one available in 223 at the time I would have got it instead of my axis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy I'd like to have some of you guy's on the jury if I decided to sue Remington. Wouldn't matter if I was lying or not, I'd win! The only reason I wouldn't buy the 783 if I were looking for a rifle is I think it's ugly. The 783 is a rifle, nothing more nothing less. It's finish isn't up the the same quality as a $1000 rifle but then it's not a $1000 rifle either!

Ive had the compact 308 model since they first came out and have no complaints.
Was about $280 after rebate. Sold a savage axis to get it and havent looked back.
Bought it for a inexpensive truck gun , cheap ammo hog gun, and possible loaner.
If you go in expecting to get tikka like fit and finish you will be disappointed. But its also on the dumb side to think for half the price of anything you are going to get the same quality or fit and finish..
Yes you can get better ones for $200-300 more. In my case I didnt care. Why spend $500 on something to beat around when one for <$300 will do the same.

Is it ugly? yup
Has it worked fine since I got it? yup
Is it my favorite? Nope.
Could it be better fit and finish? yup
Would I buy another one? Yup

Back