Remington 770?

browninghunter86, are you referring to Marlin X7 or Remington 770?

Marlin X7s are not known for having stiff bolts or bolts that jam. There was a production run that did receive bad extractors, that broke easily, but the problem should be obvious.
(I'm assuming your extractor is fine, since you spent a year trying to get the rifle fixed. And, it was a known issue. Remlin handed the parts out like candy at a parade, when there was even the slightest suspicion that an extractor could be the problem.)

If it IS a Marlin X7, your best bet for resolution (without paying a gunsmith), is to head over to the Marlin Owners Forum. Start a thread about your issues in the X7 forum, and the members there should be able to help you troubleshoot the problem, better than Remlin ever did.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The Remington 770s ARE known for having stiff bolts and extraction problems. Any damage to the nylon action insert (bolt guides) just compounds the problem and makes things much worse.

I'm sorry, but I don't really have any advice for you. About all I can offer is... if you aren't happy with it, sell it. Sometimes, taking a loss on the rifle but retaining your sanity, is more important than going crazy by trying to fix a lost cause.

There are many good options for around the same price as the 770 (such as the Savage Edge bundles). The 770 is without a doubt the worst rifle I've ever worked on (and working on a gun store I deal with a lot). Horrible trigger, gritty action.

Frankenmouser: I contimplated that idea but just couldn't do it. My father bought me that gun as my first gun a few years ago( I started hunting in college but oh well) so just can't make myself sell it

Working on my Savage 10 shooting skills now and getting there

Rem 770

Shoots 1/2 MOA @200 yards with factory ammo and off a bipod. Almost bug holes at 100 yards.

545508_607806066596_274620014_n.jpg

Back