Remington 700 X-mark Trigger Adjustment

If someone at Remington was smart---

Remington would just contract with Timney to make a good OEM trigger for them. It's clear that Remington isn't up to the job anymore and their insisting on staying with the X-Mark JUNK is proof.

I have two from earlier rifle purchases I have played with just for the fun of it after replacing with Timney CE's. The "design" is not all that bad but too easy for the "adjustment pieces" to jam in the mechanism. I actually adjusted one down to 1.5# but I had to install an aftermarket spring and essentially re-manufacture the trigger.

I refuse to sell or give these pieces of crap to anyone. Friends are hard to come by and I'd hate to loose one of them.

@ joed
That trigger can be adjusted if you know what you're doing and you can get past all the epoxy covering it.
Bingo! Truth be told, they are not easy, but they can be made to work with a little artistry. I'm not sure I want a 2Lbs (or less) trigger on my walking around guns no matter who makes it. If you're a sniper or a bench shooter you should go will other options. But for regular folks a good crisp 3Lbs or 3.5Lbs works.

I got my post-recall x-mark pro trigger adjusted down to just a shade over 3#s. Just checked it before posting and it's still right there. If I didn't get a nice break at 3#s I would've bought a Timney in a heartbeat

I don't bother in trying to re-set Remington 700 trigger poundage anymore. To much frustration.
When ordering a Timney straight from the manufacture. Timney is quite willing to factory pre-set your trigger to whatever poundage you want >before delivery. I bought two Timneys last Fall and had both factory pre-set to 3 lbs.
Take it out of its packing read its easy to understand Install Instructions. 10-15-minutes your done.

I have a lot of expensive after market triggers for various rifles, including Timneys, which are definitely nice triggers- I can't stand a crappy trigger!

My gunsmith can work the X Mark to be EXCELLENT triggers with a 2.5# pull and go off when you aren't expecting it to. (if you live in the DFW area, Ron at Ray's does great work).

After he worked my 1st, he's done 2 more of them and I see no need at all to buy any after market trigger for my 700's (my 700 CDL has a timney that was put in before he was able to do these like he can now).

Supercub99: Ice is off Westchester, Cheney lake, if you need a chucking place those will do.

For All: Report that a 700 sent it got its Timny removed, lots of guff on warranty and they put anew and the finest X thingy back in.

Took him a lot of phone calls to get his Timny back.

Note to self: keep at least one in drawer to send in for warranty if needed!

Note to self: buy a Savage with an Acu Trigger and avoid all that! (grin)

ps: SC99: Welcome back.

Back