Remington 700 misfire?

"[stop using safety rules as cover and concede that no sporting firearm should ever fire when the trigger isn't being pulled. PERIOD!]"

I Have a OLDER MDL, Mine never went of & I'm not going to stop using my gun ;) I follow the rules & if it happens to go off (Nobody) will get hurt.

I don't put a round in my chamber till seated in stand. I harvested (4) deer this year whith my 700. When I came down the tree the spent casing is still in the rifle ; ) I always carry a sidearm
Y/D

Well, good for you, YARDDOG(1). Your situation is obviously different apparently from that that a few others have reportedly experienced. The question remains: Would you continue to use any firearm that you determined fired by moving the safety and not touching the trigger?

I dont care how safe you are or if someone is hurt, the point is that the rifle is going off without the trigger being pulled and it isnt right wether someone is wounded or not. Say your Toyota gas pedal sticks would you just stop and say, wow close call and keep driving or take it to be looked at

Did you say it was a Remington? Dang, never heard of this problem with the other big rifle manufactures. it's sad... period.:(

Yea haha. Thing is during the news cast report they brought in to interview the original creator of the 700 and he knew of the issue and agrees something should be done but remington fails to agree. Also the creator had another safety option that would have cost 6 cents to add in per rifle while produced they failed to put in, and now to recall them all it would break the company.

I watched the show the other night too, have looked into the potential issue, and read articles from both sides of the debate. Overall, I think that there is a possible issue with the trigger design, and think that Remington knows it all too well. While safe handling of firearms can never be stressed enough, having one on the market that is hazardous to operate (even properly) is an even bigger issue, and should be addressed by the manufacturer.

All in all, I've seen what I need to see, read what I need to read, and will likely never purchase a Remington product in my lifetime. There's tons of other rifles on the market that shoot just as well (if not better), and are in the same pricing category. I doubt I'll really be "missing out" on anything special.

This is the new trigger.

http://www.remington.com/sitecore/content/Remington/pages/xmark-pro-trigger.aspx

I believe (don't quote me on this) that it doesn't have the connector. I just bought a SPS Buckmasters with this trigger. Mine is externally adjustable and you can get it down to 3-1/2 lbs. like it says. Mine seems to work fine but I've heard stories of the new triggers having problems? Does anyone know for sure?

And on the Remington site it has a video on how to adjust the trigger which in the last month has been removed from their website. All the gun dealers say Remington is now saying that adjusting the ("adjustable?") trigger voids the warranty. All kinds of conflicting information flying around.

Back