Remington 700 at Dicks

Its a deal

I think its a very good deal, I like the package deal with the scope. Why did you have to post this now I'm considering it....:)

I just spoke to Dicks and they said the Varmit with the camo finish is an ADL. I looked on the Remington website, and I cant find it. Is that because it's a Dicks only version, or did they stop making the ADL?

Just a heads up do any DE shooters, the guy I spoke to couldn't have been any more rude. That alone just turned me off from going up there and even looking at one.

Last edited:
Remington does ADL versions for Dick's and Cabelas. Buy it! It's and awsome rifle. Personally i don't like dropping floor plates. The rifle shoots!!!!!:D

Take a close look at the T/C Venture. It is in the same price range of a little less and they have a mail in rebate program right now.

Check out the thread on these rifles. They are great shooters right out of the box.

I am brand new to bolt guns. Handguns I am quite versed.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he was telling me that the 1 in 12 twist could restrict me to lighter bullets. He recommeded a 1 in 10 twist as it is more universal. I plan on shooting 168 gr. bullets, but he said that the "Varmint" rifle would restrict me down the road if I wanted to shoot the heavier bullets. He was saying that the heavier bullets might not do so well with the 1 in 12 twist. any thoughts?

I don't reload if it helps.

How far do you plan to shoot? The 1:12 will handle up to 175-180gr bullets. The standard which most loads are compared to is the Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr SMK.

The glass on the Dick's Sports 700 varmint is a 2007 series Bushnell Banner. The varmint in 223 and 22-250 should actually come with the 4x12x40. If you google bushnell banner in google images, you will find the exact scope, only with the Bushnell logo on the windage cap. Its not a great scope by any stretch of the imagination, but its not too bad either, use the money you sve on this great buy, and buy some decent glass.

JQ: Cabela's has a better deal on an SPS Varmint with a stainless action/barrel. It's a BDL, is only sold there (as an "SPSS"), and is only about $100 more than that Dick's special with the $50 rebate until the end of Dec. Much more gun for the $. I have one (.22-250) and it shoots <3/4" with the only factory ammo I've tried and no trigger adjustment; I plan to switch the stock to that Medalist, or maybe an H-S Precision because of their detachable mag option.

I have bought 2 Remington 700s that came as a package deal with scopes and in both case the scopes aren't worth the ammo it takes to sight them in. I pretty much just consider those scopes props to help sell the rifle.

Talk about a coincidence! A new Cabela's sales flyer arrived today, and they have that stainless Varmint SPS on sale for $539.99 until 11/23. That's at their Wheeling, W Va. store, but would think it would include most others, too.

I got one of these about 3 weeks ago in .223. Scope is junk past 8x IMO but it holds zero. The rifle shoots OK, once the barrel heats up the POI shifts down and left about 1.5 inches on mine. You can watch the POI change as you shoot. Let it cool for 10 minutes and its back to the crosshairs for about 2-3 shots.
For $450 its worth it for practice if you ask me.

Back