Remington 700 6.5x55

Finn Aagaard called the 6.5x55 the perfect deer gun.
I think the American dimensions came from ease of making the cases from a standard blank . After all the 308 family are all made starting from the 308 and necking to 243,260,308,338,358 !

Sounds like a sweet gun man. Can't say that I've ever even laid eyes on one. Just wanted to comment on scope. There should be absolutely nothing wrong with leaving that rifleman on it. I bought a 4-12x40 and put on my rem700 in 300 win about 6 years ago. After initial sight in, I haunt had to adjust it one time. I've put about 300 rounds through this rifle and it is my deer rifle. I do a lot of deer hunting and with all the 4 wheeler rides strapped to the fro rack, all the in and out of tree stands, I can remember even dropping it twice; it has never changed it's zero. Anyways, go on and get whatever scope you want, I just figured I would share my experience with the rifleman. I'm impressed. 2 inch groups at 200 yards with factory ammo is common for me when I do my part.

Do post pictures i want to see. As for loads i can't comment there because i have a .260, so far i've run 129SSTs, and Sirocco swift IIs and they both shoot. For optics if i could go back before i bought my zeiss conquest i would get it with adjustment knobs.

i love the 6.5x55. buying an M96 convinced me of how good that cartridge really is. i'm planning on building a savage LA into a long range precision rig.

Great rifle/cartridge combination. One I wanted and would still like to have.

I have had 2 M96's, a 1906 with the lighter colored wood, only the buttplate # didn't match; and a 1901 with all numbers matching + all the accessories.
Never shot the 1901. :(

Also had a AG-42B Ljungman with all the accessories.
Only ever shot that one time, after having it for 7 years. :eek:

Sold or traded them all. Regretted it every time, but I didn't need to own them and was going for something else while consolidating calibers.
I agree that I never wanted to sell any of them.

That Remington 700 in 6.5x55 has to be a good shooter!
:)

Back