remington 1100

Great gun in rough shape. I have never seen one for under $400. Is that a Wingmaster?

It looks like a good candidate to match up with some better wood or maybe a synthetic stock.

The synthetic stock is a good idea.
Remington's is quite stiff and, being hollow, is a good place to add weight to reduce recoil and help with balance.
You can also hide your money there.

Nathan asks, is that a wingmaster? Nathan the wingmaster designation was given to the 870 Remington pump shotgun. Devdev08's gun is clearly a Remington 1100, semi-auto, not a pump. I think $350 is a decent deal, and if he puts a little money into a forearm, and stock, he will have a gun that will last a long time. Enjoy your 1100, I love mine.

Thanks for the correction Joe. I wasn't sure if they designated a higher grade with the 1100's. I have an 1100, but it is a matte blue finish.

For a few years after they introduced the 11-87, the only 12 gauge 1100 one could get was a flat finished one with a synthetic stock set. The plan was the 11-87 would supplant the 1100 and the 1100 would go away. The plan didn't work. Early 11-87s with the then new and rather heavy RemChoke barrels didn't handle like an 1100 and turned off a lot of 1100 shooters. Bad first impressions are not good things. They fixed the heavy barrel issues, but the damage was done.

And that version of the 1100 wasn't popular, either.
Remington got it wrong with both models.
Was it Studs Turkel who said the big boys ain't always so bright?

Back