Remember Delta Dropping NRA Because They Wanted To Be Neutral?

I believe it is your right to own (or not) a firearm as you decide. I am not going to withhold business from you because of it and I would hope that those who disagree with me politically would not withhold their business from me because of my political views.

By putting up walls and trying to be an island onto ourselves we only serve to isolate ourselves more and more and play into the hand of those who would label us as part of a fringe.

Lohman446 said:
By putting up walls and trying to be an island onto ourselves we only serve to isolate ourselves more and more and play into the hand of those who would label us as part of a fringe.

Putting up walls? You’re getting “The Cask of Amontillado” treatment and you think we’re the ones putting up walls?

Delta, for the record, ended its business arrangement with the NRA by their choice, not the NRA’s. They claimed this was because they wanted to “remain neutral.” They then donated use of three planes to a pro-gun control march.

You’re free to keep giving money to Delta based on your principles; but Delta has made it quite clear those are not reciprocal principles.

I refuse to finance my own destruction! I learned along time ago that I should be carful who I give my money to, their attitudes and goals may be in opposition to my welfare.

Last edited:
I believe it is your right to own (or not) a firearm as you decide. I am not going to withhold business from you because of it and I would hope that those who disagree with me politically would not withhold their business from me because of my political views.

I believe it's one thing to say you're neutral and another to lie about it. Maybe you can do business with them, my conscience won't let me.

Same as Hertz. I rented a car from them a few months ago BECAUSE of the NRA discount. Looks like I will use someone else now.

I had to change planes in Atlanta the last time I flew Delta. When I got a customer survey, I recommended they fire everyone in the Atlanta terminal. So, now I have another reason not to fly Delta.

MagnumWill said:
Same as Hertz. I rented a car from them a few months ago BECAUSE of the NRA discount. Looks like I will use someone else now.
Good luck. I believe ALL the car rental companies are dropping the NRA discount.

Seems like a good move on their part. I'm sure they know how many passengers fly using that discount and am guessing its a pretty small number. When people are all riled up and being bombarded by the media a lot of knee jerk reactions occur. Over the long term things settle out. I'm guessing a lot a lot of people who said they were going to boycott Toys R Us over their carry rules think they helped put it in bankruptcy but I'm pretty sure it is something called Amazon. I remember when Apple and Disney said they would offer health care to same sex couples many said they would boycott them. I wonder how many are now walking around Disneyland talking on their iphones? The dust will soon settle and people will get back to their old ways. They may have lost a few customers but I'm betting they also gained quite a few.

Let's say that Delta or Hertz dropping support for the NRA is a disagreement with you. What? Can someone not disagree with you and still be your friend, your favorite uncle, your pharmacy, grocery, airline or auto rental company of choice? If not, you are staring into the prospect of a lonely and very inconvenient existence.

Let's say that Delta or Hertz dropping support for the NRA is a disagreement with you. What? Can someone not disagree with you and still be your friend, your favorite uncle, your pharmacy, grocery, airline or auto rental company of choice? If not, you are staring into the prospect of a lonely and very inconvenient existence.

I think there is a significant distinction between disagreeing with someone, and not voting and/or financially supporting them. For example, would you vote and/or give campaign contributions to a candidate who didn't represent your views?

For example, would you vote and/or give campaign contributions to a candidate who didn't represent your views?

Yes. It is highly unlikely any candidate is going to represent my views on EVERY issue. It is unlikely any candidate is going to agree on my views on every issue let alone prioritize and champion them in the order of importance I would prefer.

Yes. It is highly unlikely any candidate is going to represent my views on EVERY issue. It is unlikely any candidate is going to agree on my views on every issue let alone prioritize and champion them in the order of importance I would prefer.

Come on now :) When I say, "represent your views," did you really think I meant every single view and/or in exact priorities?

Back