Rem 770

Those plastic stock's turn me off in particular that 770 stock and those Ruger stock's. I go under the assumption that all rifle's being sold by major company's are sound. I just looked at some photo's of those 770' and that ugly stock alone would stop me from buying it. Not like Remington hasn't gone after that market before. The 600 series rifles weren't the best looking and the stock at times described as a fence post, I'll take the fence post. How about those 788's? Those were not ugly and they shot the pant's off of about everything else. That would have been one to bring back. Maybe with a decent looking plastic stock, the plastic Mossberg stock's are not to bad at all if compared to the Remington and Ruger stock's. Shoot, the stock that came on my 700ADL was better than the junk they put out now. They should take a close look at the Patriot stock and how it's bedded, bes bedding in a factory stock I've seen in years!

I go under the assumption that all rifle's being sold by major company's are sound.

The Remington 710 / 770 contradicts that assumption. Thankfully Remington has discontinued the line.

The Remington 710 / 770 contradicts that assumption. Thankfully Remington has discontinued the line.

I think they have done a better job with the 783 . It's the rifle they should have come out with instead of the 710

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they have done a better job with the 783 . It's the rifle they should have come out with instead of the 710

The 783 appears to be the Marlin X series with the added dose of ugly Remington seems to think an inexpensive rifle requires. The Marlin is vastly superior to the 770, not that that's difficult, and the 783 is certainly a much better rifle than the 770 was.

The 783 appears to be the Marlin X series with the added dose of ugly Remington seems to think an inexpensive rifle requires. The Marlin is vastly superior to the 770, not that that's difficult, and the 783 is certainly a much better rifle than the 770 was.

I like the 783 if they would have had it in 223 a year and a half ago here , I would have not got the savage axis . I never got to see one of those x marlins in my area

Back