Rem 700, I need advice!

Rottieman33, is the 1000 your refering to feet or yards, if its yards that almost unbelievable to hit a 4" clay at that range unless your gun is very customized and you didnt mention that.

If he can see clay targets at 1000 yards with a 3-9x40 then I want to know what type of scope he has. But if it's 1000 feet, that would equal to about 300 yards...and seeing a fluorescent orange 4.5 inch circle at that range is more realistic.

Still that's a little iffy dude,,,,,3x9x40? I have a VXII 3x9x40 and I don't think I could see a clay at 300 well enough to kill it. But hey more strange stuff has appeared on this forum before.:rolleyes:

1000 feet laying down with bi-pod. I have seen old guys at a shooting range cut straws in half at 25 yards with open sights using 22's. If you practice enough you can do about anything. Friend of mine hit a clay at 100 yards with his 45/70 marlin open sights. I also have this gauge that tells me if my bullet is not straight its made by hornady and that makes a big difference.

I own both the Remington 700 SPS Varmint & SPS Tactical in .308 and they are the "Bees Knees". :)

I have the SPS Varmint decked out in a HS Precision Stock and can shoot ragged holes at 150 yds. on a calm day with my handloads.

The same goes for the Tactical, although it is still factory with the Hogue stock at this time.

Back