Rem 700 223 what?

I have the same rifle only in a 22-250.
I purchased the rifle new in the mid 90's,I believe it was called a VS SF for Varmint Synthetic and Stainless Fluted. It also has the HS Precision stock with the aluminum block for bedding the action,it has been a very reliable accurate rifle.

Congrats on the purchase!

I am gonna keep the stock till I at least shoot it on paper so yall can quit fighting over it, haha. One last question, it has scope mounts on here already, I held my leupold 12x on there with 1/4 inch spacers on top of the mounts. I think I need low mounts and am not sure? The scope has plenty of clearance with 1/4 inch. Will the low rings work or do I need the medium? Google search was blank on mrawesome22 posts! You might have been telling me to google, I have been, thanks. I got to get my stuff together for the weekend, need to shoot it!

MOshooter65202, that was what I went to buy, another 22-250, I have a howa that I bought few years back. I put a boyd varmint stock on it, bedded and floated the barrel, it shoots good and looks good but I just wanted something better. Well the 223 will be cheaper to reload for once I get the dies.Time will tell which one I will keep. Maybe both.:)

turkeybuzzard Howa seems like they build very nice rifles from what I have seen and heard. One of these days I would really like to have a nice 223 bolt rifle,looks like you found a really nice Remington there and I would keep both rifles if possible.

Enjoy the VS SF :)

Back