Reloading 9mm

Lee auto drum or auto disc, regardless you'll need the Lee powder through charging die or the flaring die as the die insert activates the "auto" feature of those measures.
By "lee pro" do you mean the Pro Auto Disc? The Lee Auto Disc (and the Pro version) work with Lee's powder through charging and flaring die. I don't know if it works with any other brand of dies, so I hope you ordered a die to go with it.

I ordered the lee auto disc with the lee powder through die and a hornady powder cop die to let me know the charge amount. I am only using this set up for 9mm and 45 acp.

I think you'll find that the Powder Cop is wasted on 9mm. The differences are small with handgun cases and powders. My understanding is that the Powder Cop is intended for rifle rounds. If it works for you with 9mm, please let us know so I can revise my understanding.

I just got a Powder Cop for pistol reloading, and I would call it useless for short cartridges. I can see into my casings when they go by. The Powder Cop is just a distraction.

Even for deep casings, I think it needs an alarm or a light in order to be useful. It's hard to stare at a little steel rod all day. I have not tried the Dillon device, but ad copy says it's electric. It doesn't look like it will detect low charges.

My press is mounted very low, and I find that to be a big bonus. Seeing into cases is one of the pluses. I would never want to have a press mounted high again.

I just loaded up my first 50 9mm loads yesterday to try out using my old Lee hand loader. If all goes well with the recipe I'll go into production on the turret press that I have a Lee Auto Drum mounted on that's been a very accurate & consistent tool. I also started using a digital color inspection camera mounted to the press so I can verify powder's in place at a glance before seating a bullet, really increased safety & production.
xO1cOgml.jpg

Schlitz 45 said:
If all goes well with the recipe I'll go into production on the turret press that I have a Lee Auto Drum mounted on that's been a very accurate & consistent tool. I also started using a digital color inspection camera mounted to the press so I can verify powder's in place at a glance before seating a bullet, really increased safety & production.
That's not a turret press. That's Lee's (relatively) new Breech Lock Pro 4000 progressive press.

Back